A palatable high strength live yeast supplement. It contains a specific strain of live yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae CNCM I-1077) from Lallemand, a world leader in yeast and bacteria.
EquiYeast® stimulates the growth and activity of fibre fermenting (cellulolytic) bacteria in the hindgut, making it ideal for use in horses. Improved hindgut fermentation promotes digestive comfort which promotes healthy condition and vitality in horses.
Benefits of EquiYeast® include:
- Improved feed utilisation
- Helps to maintain a suitable environment in the hindgut to support a healthy balance of microflora and boost the level of friendly anaerobic bacteria present.
- Stabilises hindgut pH by competing for lactic acid producing bacteria’s substrates
- Provides nutrients important for the development of a healthy balance of microflora (amino acids, B vitamins, etc …).
- As a result, the digestible fraction of fibre (hemicellulose and cellulose) becomes more accessible to the action of specific microorganisms. EquiYeast® improves the feed value of this digestible fraction by stimulating the growth and increasing the activity of the cellulolytic and hemicellulolytic microflora.
- Stabilises the hindgut reducing the risk of acidosis
- Accumulation of lactate and a subsequent drop in pH in the hindgut is characteristically seen in horses fed high starch diets, especially where the level of forage is sub-optimal. This change can unbalance microflora and significantly increase the risk of colic and other digestive disorders.
- EquiYeast® supplementation significantly increases the number of lactate utilising bacteria and reduces total lactate in the hindgut. The stabilisation of the hindgut is seen in the consistency of manure in horses fed EquiYeast®.
- Improves growth and development for foals
- Foals have a high nutritional requirement and have a greater need for quality and digestible protein.
- EquiYeast® supports growth through increasing the fermentation of fibre and the absorption of key minerals calcium and phosphorus needed to build strong healthy bone.
- EquiYeast® improved daily weight gain in yearling ponies (+23.4 % on high content fibre diets).
A guaranteed minimum of 1 x 1010 CFU (colony forming units) live yeast units (Saccharomyces cerevisiae CNCM I-1077) per gram.
Recommended Dose Rate
Yearlings, broodmares, performance horses and ponies: 2g
Directions for Use
When introducing EquiYeast® into the diet, be prepared to reduce overall feed levels slightly, particularly for those horses and ponies already in good condition.
Reseal packaging after use. Keep in a safe place away from foodstuffs. Store in a dry, cool place out of direct sunlight. Avoid contact with eyes, inhalation and ingestion. Wash hands thoroughly after use. Keep out of reach of children.