Bovatec® 20CC is an ionophore like Rumensin®. These compounds are classed as rumen modifiers which improve animal performance by enhancing the activities of the beneficial rumen microflora. Ketosis and bloat are common issues that occur in dairy cows as a result of inadequate energy during lactation and poor rumen function. This is often a result of poor digestibility of nutrients by the bugs in the rumen. Ketosis is one of the “gateway” metabolic diseases which can result in other diseases including mastitis due to its role in immune function.
Bovatec® 20CC can be used as an aid in:
- Control of coccidiosis caused by Eimeria species in goats, cattle and calves.
- Improvement in weight gain in goats and cattle.
- Increased production of milk solids (milk fat and milk protein) in dairy cows.
- Control of ketosis in dairy cattle with subsequent improvement in immune function which can aid in reducing the incidence of clinical mastitis in lactating dairy cows.
- Reduction in bloat score in cattle on pasture.
- Prevention of coccidiosis caused by Eimeria species in broiler chickens, turkeys and replacement layer and breeder pullets on deep litter or range.
The active ingredient in Bovatec® 20CC is lasalocid sodium 20%.
Directions for Use
Milk: Milk intended for sale for human consumption must be discarded during treatment and for not less than 35 days following the last treatment.
Broilers and Replacement Pullets
Eggs: Eggs from treated birds must not be sold for human consumption for 14 days following the last treatment.
Harmful if swallowed, inhaled or in contact with skin. Toxic to aquatic life. Harmful to terrestrial vertebrates. Do not allow dogs, horses or other equids access to feeds containing Bovatec®, as ingestion by these species may be fatal.
Precautions: Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product. Wear protective mask, gloves and clothing. Avoid breathing dust. Remove protective clothing and wash hands and face thoroughly before meals and after handling. Wash protective clothing daily after work. Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area. Avoid release to the environment.
- Care must be exercised when feeding concurrently with other antimicrobials.
- Do not feed with other ionophores, e.g. monensin capsules, liquid or premix.
- Do not exceed recommended dose rates.
- Do not feed more than a total of 400 mg Lasalocid/head/day to lactating cattle.
- Not to be used for single dose treatment.
Reseal tightly and store in original packaging after use. Keep in a safe place under lock and key away from foodstuffs. Store below 30° (Room Temperature) in a dry place protected from light. Collect spillage. Keep out of reach of children.