Flo®Zinc is a zinc and trace mineral powder supplement for oral dosing of cattle for the prevention of facial eczema.
For use in power drenching systems.
Contains per 20g dose (500kg cow):
|Organic Copper||150 mg|
* Flo®Zinc contains Global Supa Zinc (zinc oxide) as an aid in the prevention of facial eczema in sheep and cattle. Contains Global Zinc at 625g/kg
* Global Supa Zinc oxide is a registered pursuant to the ACVM Act 1997 No. A006944.
(See www.nzfsa.govt.nz/acvm/ for registration details.)
Recommended Dose Rate
4g Flo®Zinc per kg of liveweight to provide 2.5g Global Supa Zinc per 100kg liveweight
Dairy Cows (500kg) 20g cow per day
Yearlings (275kg) 11g per day
Calves (90kg) 4g per day
Directions for Use
Flo®Zinc should be mixed with warm water (40-50ºC) 15 minutes before use to allow hydration of the powder.
- Add calculated quantity of water to mixing tank and commence agitation.
- Add Flo®Zinc and mix to lump free suspension.
- Leave product to hydrate for 15 minutes under agitation.
- Commence drenching.
- Clean all equipment thoroughly after use flush out drench lines.
Suggested mixing and dose volumes
To make sufficient drench to dose 100 cows for 5 days at the 20g/c/d dose rate:
|Drench Dose Rate:||50 ml||100 ml|
|Flo®Zinc||10 kg||10 kg|
|Water||21 L||46 L|
|Total Volume||25 L||50 L|
Do not exceed the recommended dose rate or frequency. Knowing animal liveweight is important as for zinc to be effective it needs to be administered at 2g of elemental zinc per 100kg liveweight. Serum zinc tests are encouraged to ensure zinc for facial eczema prevention is not over or under supplied. Not recommended for mixing with magnesium oxide or bloat remedies. Do not use at the same time as any other copper or selenium product, prill or fertiliser, without consulting a nutritionist or veterinarian. Do not use where sheep, horses, goat or other livestock have access to treated water.
Reseal packaging after use. Keep in a safe place away from foodstuffs. Store in a dry, cool place out of direct sunlight. Avoid contact with eyes, inhalation and ingestion. Wash hands thoroughly after use. Keep out of reach of children.